We are a team of spirited professionals walking on different paths of life which come together for the social cause that would provide basic amenities like food, education, shelter and health in the marginalized communities especially in rural areas of Anantapuramu District of Andhra Pradesh. The mission of the organization is to empower community through education, provide basic amenities and create awareness programmes to support the youth through vocational and life skills trainings. We have the passion to help the poor vulnerable aged regardless of ethnicity, gender and religion. Due to poverty many aged are neglected’ suffering and lacking with vital basic human needs such as food and medical care, etc as a result many have gone to their graves earlier. Even God wants you and I to help the needy.
The name of this organization shall be Society for Rural Improvement (SRI), hereafter referred to as a SRI. It is a Voluntary, non-governmental, non-political, non-sectarian and non-profit making organization. The society can function anywhere in Andhra Pradesh. But its head quarters will always remain at Door No.1-1478(Old No.1-788), Rudrampeta, Beside Nirmala Nursing College, Ramnagar Ext, Anantapuramu, Andhra Pradesh, India.
The Four fold reconstruction model incorporating literacy. Livelihood, health and leadership Development services as the basis for the work of the society. The societies of this type are rare in these parts and the “Society for Rural Improvement” objectives are stated as follows.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY
1. To provide a forum for students, intellectuals, development, administrators, businessmen and civic leaders of it’s enter to undertake rural re-construction projects.
2. To provide a forum for rural development scholars for undertaking systematic and scientific studies and field experimentation.
3. To undertake multi-sectoral action projects, to improve literacy, livelihood, health and leadership development.
4. To function as an active center as a research body training and extension centres in rural reconstruction.
5. To plan, implement and evaluate action programmes meant for the improvement of the rural community.
6. To co-operate and co-ordinate with Government and voluntary agencies in implementing the rural development programmes.
7. To encourage and assist self start or groups for Voluntary action in the field of rural development.
8. To start libraries for the diffusion of knowledge on the various above subjects and also night-schools, adult schools, balwadies and health center etc.,
9. To undertake welfare programmes for the children, women and the old.
10. To improve minimum needs in the villages like drinking water wells, roads, community halls and market yards etc.
11. Any other objectives and functions that may be conductive for the achievement of the aims and objectives of the society approved by a resolution of the executive committee.
12. The total strength of the governing body shall be seven members and they will have to be elected from among the General body of members of this society, once in five years and they will have to remain in the office till a new body is elected.
13. Care of Old persons
To take care of the elderly and senior citizens by way of providing food, shelter, medical care, supply of medicines, nursing care, palliative care for the terminally ill, provide recreation, counselling, provide support system, help them obtain grants, pension and other welfare funds from Govt. and private agencies etc.
14. Care of Orphans & Street Children
To take care of the orphan & Street children by way of providing nutritious food, shelter, medical care, supply of medicines, education, maintain child rights, provide support system, provide special care for children affected with HIV/AIDS, rescue children from physical and substance abuse, help them obtain grants, scholarships and other welfare funds from Govt. and private agencies etc.,
15. Care of the visually impaired
To take care of the visually impaired persons by setting up and running welfare programmes, residential schools and institutions for the visually impaired, provide training in skilled and semi-skilled trades, provide hostels, food, shelter, medical care, supply of medicines, transportation, provide comprehensive rehabilitation, networking with eye-banks, provide recreation, counselling, provide support system, help them obtain grants, pension and other welfare funds from Govt. and private agencies and to generally take care of their welfare.
16. Care of the Physically challenged
To take care of the physically challenged persons by setting up and running welfare programmes, residential schools and institutions for the physically challenged, provide training in skilled and semi-skilled trades, provide hostels, food, shelter, medical care, supply of medicines, transportation, provide comprehensive rehabilitation, provide recreation, counselling, provide support system, provide them with rehabilitation equipments such as wheel chairs, special bicycles, tricycles, AFO, walkers and other support systems meant for the physically challenged, help them obtain grants, pension and other welfare funds from Govt. and private agencies and to generally take care of their welfare.
17. Health Schemes
To provide awareness about communicable and non-communicable diseases such as HIV, Diabetes, Cancer, TB etc., provide financial assistance to deserving cases for treatment and purchase of medicine, establish free diagnostic centre and free clinic for common diseases, refer special cases to Govt. hospitals, educate people about healthy life-style and balanced diet, create awareness about, prevention of diseases, train medical personnel, care-givers, nurses, para-medics to give better service to humanity in general and generally ensure good health for everyone in the community.
18. Youth Programmes
To train youth in various skill training and vocational training to enable them to get livelihood, provide health care facilities, guidance in literacy programs and overall development of youth so that they become responsible citizens of the country in future.
19. Self-Help Groups (SHGs)
To train and form SHGs for men and women and train them in formation and management of co-operatives, counsel them in suitable self-employment, selection of small business or trade to provide livelihood so that their quality of life is improved, provide skill training and vocational training in trades such as agarbatti making, mats and food products and to generally train them in rurally available raw materials and products for a sustainable livelihood.
20. Women’s Education & Empowerment
To provide education and training to women, increase awareness about women’s rights, provide vocational training in various trades, impart knowledge of family health, create awareness about HIV/AIDS, community health schemes etc.
21. Drug & Alcohol Abuse
A. Awareness programmes on consequences of drinking and driving.
B. Awareness programmes on alcoholism and associated family problems.
C. Awareness programmes on alcoholism, family dynamics of alcoholism, and defensive driving techniques.
D. Provide referrals for detoxification and treatment.
22. Fund Raising
The society shall be authorized to raise funds by way of Membership fees, Admission fees, Donations, Grants, Aid, Service charges, Contributions, Fees and contributions collected from Institutions, Project and Centers, User charges, Fees, Royalties, Rents, Income from securities, sale, Mortgage. Also, to borrow , or raise funds from any Nationalized Banks, Corporate, Co-operative Banks, Private Banks, Societies, any institutions, private body, members or outside persons, Donors, and fund raising agencies, National and International to fulfill objectives of the society.
23. Education & Adult Literacy
To provide education and literacy by setting up schools, college, University education in the fields of Arts, Science, Engineering and other Technical, Technology, Fine Arts, etc., and to create necessary infrastructure either by taking on lease, hire or acquire land, construct facilities for schools, colleges, hostels, obtain the various approvals from Government agencies, give scholarships, concessions, train faculty, appoint faculty, teachers etc., promote research and development in various fields etc.
24. Consumer Awareness Program
Awareness of the rights of the consumer by encouraging consumer education and supplying information. Publish periodical and product specific booklets, pamphlets, cassettes, Bring together the consumer, traders and policy makers to exchange information of mutual interest for better coordination. Brand equip them with suitable and required information and knowledge to enable them to acing together the NGO’s/Consumer activities operating in different areas as nodal agents of change in rural areas. Organize and conduct seminars, workshops and group discussions and thus provide a platform. Establish links with educational institutions, Periodic like universities, colleges, high schools to emphasize the need for improving consumer education in the curriculum.
25. Environment Awareness
To arrange and organize environmental educational program time to time to educate and encourage the people about environment protection through road shows, literature poster banner, advertisement, publication, to organize events like seminar conference exhibitions related to environment, to Publish and print, environment related books magazine news bulletin and other publication, to organize academic program related to environment like certificate course, diploma course full time or part time.
SRI’s core value is characterized by spirit of services and sacrifice, where members give their time everyday in a spirit of dedication and service to the society.
Believes in working together for:
• Economic and Social Justice.
• Respect for human rights and democracy.
• Gender equality.
• Peace and non-violence.
• Sustainable use of natural resources.
• Respect for cultural diversity.
• Development with equality.
SRI’s primary goal is to improve, our collective ability to assist the people to bring life-saving assistance to the people affected by emergencies, by providing food, healthcare and other basic amenities; it also priorities the programmes that care for street children and people affected by HIV/AIDS.
SRI Goal is to live a healthy life each individual has to face all the challenges of life like hunger, poverty, education, health, awareness about rights and different facilities.
SRI has taken initiative and gives all the needed help and support to the youth about informal education, social status, mobility and information. Active involvement and volunteer work, ecology and sustainable development.
To develop and implement programs so that we can assist poor and needy get quality healthcare.
• Provide care and shelter to the sick and destitute.
• Support youth in rural areas to get quality education, opportunities for skill development and livelihood.
• Protect and empower women.
• Poor and needy patients staying in the Anantapuramu government Hospital.
• Rural poor and women of Anantapuramu severe draught prone mandals.
• Rural and Urban Women, Children and youth.
• New born care.
• Women subjected to domestic violence.
• Girl children.